Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter wonderland

Courtesy of Billie Morelli

We've hardly had any winter in LA this year. Europe is frozen and buried under mountains of snow, and the sun shines in Southern California. This has caused my closet to go through an identity crisis. For someone who has lived in countries WITH seasons before moving here, I still have to train my brain when I dress in the morning. I still check the weather, only to find out it will be 75 and sunny yet again, and I still do the seasonal closet switch. Which means taking my sweaters out of the box... only to sit them in a corner collecting dust- next to a pile of summer tops. Yes, total confusion. My brain just doesn't get it. If it's sunny and balmy outside, shouldn't I wear sandals and a tank top? But no, wait, the calendar says FEBRUARY!!!! I MUST wear boots and a wool sweater. Argh!!!! 

Also, I have been feeling weirdly envious of the snow and freezing cold weather. Oh if only I could see the snow, sit by the fireplace and sip a delicious hot chocolate. Uh... and sleep in a house with no heating because everything froze and getting stuck on a train to work because the icy air actually sealed the doors shut... REALLY, what's wrong with me??!!!!

OK so let me try and embrace this lovely LA weather. What better way than indulging in the best that spring has to offer: walks in the park, ice tea and everything pink - in every shade. From this sublime Céline bag to the colored jeans I'm in love with right now. So here it is.
Cabas in Satin Fuchsia - www.celine.com

www.zara.com


And for all the Euros trapped in crazy weather, may these pictures give you hope and bring you solace. You too, in a few months, will be basking in the sun, wearing bubblegum pink jeans and sitting “al fresco”.

Stay warm! Baci CPS

P.S.: I chose pink for this post to pay homage to one thing that I truly truly miss about winter: the color of the sky when it snows... pink.  
P.P.S.: What about you? Are you freezing your buns off or are you sweating buckets?





No comments:

Post a Comment